Our Pick of the Best Kettlebells After 2015
Kettlebells are one of the best workout tools you can own, but if you’re training exclusively with them, you may not have the space to buy five or ten different weight sizes. And the higher the weight, the bigger the bell in most cases.
Stamina 36-Pound Adjustable Kettle Versa-Bell
Our favorite for 2020
Empower 3in1 Adjustable Kettlebell
A great value option
Mir – Pro 83lbs Adjustable Kettlebell
Recommended for CrossFitters, Personal Trainers, and athletes
An adjustable kettlebell lets you enjoy all of the benefits of kettlebells, but without having to sacrifice a ton of space.
We’re going to help you find the best adjustable kettlebell for your fitness routine, but first, let’s talk about how to compare each model:
- Weight Range: The first consideration is the weight range the bell offers. Beginners may want to go with kettlebell weights that offer a low range, like what our first pick offers: 5-12 pounds. Others offer ranges of 10-83 pounds, which is better suited for advanced beginners and beyond. Decide which weight range is ideal for your training, and search for models that fit into that range.
- Quality: Obviously, you want a kettlebell that will give you years of use. And most will because they have iron cores. But do make sure that you check to see what type of material is used to make the bell. You may be surprised to find that some won’t last as long as you think.
- User Feedback: Check out what users are saying about the kettlebell. Are the weights easy to adjust? Does the bell have a comfortable grip? Learn as much as you can about the kettlebell from other users before you buy it.
The Top Adjustable Kettlebell Reviews for 2020
Empower 3in1 Adjustable Kettlebell – The most affordable option on our list – and the ideal choice for beginners. The Empower 3-in-1 kettlebell offers three weights: 5lbs, 8lbs and 12lbs. While marketed for women, this kettlebell can be used by all beginners.
The comfortable, ergonomically-designed grip allows you to focus on your workouts and helps ensure that you maintain proper form as you exercise.
Weights are easily adjusted. Just screw and unscrew each level to change weights in seconds.
The Empower 3-in-1 kettlebell also comes with a DVD: Swing Yourself Fit with Gin Miller. The DVD includes three workouts that will have you burning a ton of calories while sculpting your muscles.
Stamina 36-Pound Versa-Bell – The Stamina Versa-Bell offers six weight levels that can be adjusted in four-pound increments. While higher more high-end than other products on the list, this bell is ideal for people of intermediate or more advanced fitness levels.
In seconds, the Versa-Bell can be adjusted to 36, 32, 28, 24, 20 or 16 pounds. The patented weight adjustment system is easy to use, so you can make your workouts more challenging with minimal disruption.
The cast iron grip makes it easy to do both two-handed and single-handed exercises. And the sturdy round base can even be used to do pushups in between sets.
The Versa-Bell uses internal plates, which can be added or removed with ease, to change its weight level.
Rocketlok 24-36 – The Rocketlok 24-36 kettlebell is around the same price as the previous model, but is better suited for more advanced users. The bell’s weight can be adjusted in four-pound increments from 24-36 pounds.
No tools are required to adjust the weight, and the bell retains its original shape, so you truly get the benefits of a traditional kettlebell.
The center weight cylinders ensure the bell’s balance remains consistent no matter which weight level you choose, which is important for achieving the best results possible from your workouts.
With a cast steel body and solid steel weight cylinders, this kettlebell is incredibly durable and will last you years.
Rocketlok 14-20 – The Rocketlok 14-20 features the same design and construction as the previous pick, but comes with a lower weight range that’s ideal for advanced beginners to intermediate users.
The 14-20 allows you to adjust the weight in three-pound increments from 14-20 – just like its name suggests. The cast steel design adds to the durability of this bell, while the solid steel cylinder weights ensure that this kettlebell gives you years of challenging workouts.
A molded polyurethane cap keeps the cylinders safely inside the bell, while the slide lock mechanism ensures the weights stay put at all times.
If you’re looking for a durable kettlebell with lighter weight than the previous pick, the 14-20 is a great choice.
Mir® – Pro 83lbs Adjustable Kettlebell – The Mir Pro adjustable kettlebell offers the largest weight range on the list, but it also the most luxurious kettlebell on the list.
With a weight range of 10-83 pounds, this kettlebell allows you to adjust the weight in 11-pound increments. And the speed pin lock design makes it easy to boost or lower the weight in seconds.
The wide grip design of this kettlebell allows users of all levels and sizes to exercise without restrictions.
Although the Mir is more expensive than other kettlebells on our list, it will progress with you as you move up in weight. With this in your home gym, you won’t have to upgrade to a new adjustable kettlebell for years – if ever.
Buyer’s Guide – What’s The Best Kettlebell Brand On the Market?
Kettlebells, especially adjustable models, can be a challenge to buy mainly because they all look the same and serve the same purpose. But some adjustable kettlebells are better than others. What should you be looking for when narrowing down your choices?
- Weight Increment: One of the first things to consider is the weight increments. We talked about the importance of choosing an appropriate weight range earlier, but you also want to make sure that there isn’t too much of a gap between each weight level. Some models, like the last one on our list, require you to jump up 10-11 pounds between levels. For many users, that’s a big difference in weight. Choose a weight increment that’s appropriate for you. Three- to four-pound increments tend to be the most popular.
- Ease of Use: How easy is it to change the weight level? Ideally, you want a kettlebell that allows you to quickly and easily boost or lower the weight without having to take several minutes out of your routine.
- Grip: Make sure the grip is wide enough for your hands and comfortable enough to use on a regular basis or for an extended period of time. Bells with cast iron or steel grips are great and naturally not as slippery as other material types. There are also models with rubber grips, which may be ideal if you tend to get sweaty palms while you exercise.
- Cost: The final consideration should be the cost of the kettlebell. Prices can vary greatly here, but generally, the larger the weight range, the higher the price.