Our Guide To The Best Rowing Machine Mats On The Market
Rowing machine mats allow you to exercise in the comfort of your own home without damaging your floors. Whether you have hard flooring or carpeting, a good mat can go a long way in keeping your home looking like new.
Supermats Solid P.V.C. Mat for Rowing Machines
Our favorite for 2017
Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Equipment Mat
A great fold to fit option
Kettler Heavy-Duty Floor Protection Mat for Exercise/Fitness Equipment
How do you find a mat that will last? We’re going to share some of the best rated workout mats on the market. Here’s how to compare them:
- Material: The material is one of the most important considerations. Some mats are more durable than others, and some have an off-putting smell. PVC and recycled rubber are two popular materials for mats, and they’re highly durable.
- Size: The size of the mat is also important, as you need to ensure that it’s large enough to fit underneath your rower. Along with the length and width, you’ll also need to consider the thickness of the material. Thicker mats may be the ideal choice if you have a heavy-duty or real water rower. Ideally, you want a mat that’s a good size larger than the rower, so you have room around the machine and can protect the flooring nearby.
- Surface: Is the surface textured? Is it a non-slip mat? Most workout mats have a non-slip surface, but it’s important to check to ensure that the one you’re considering does. Along with preventing accidents and skidding, a non-slip mat will also help keep vibration and noise to a minimum.
From Supermats to Nike, we’re going to review some of the best mats around to help you find the right one for your needs.
Reviews – The Best Exercise Equipment Mats for Rowing Machines
Supermats Solid PVC Mat 3′ x 8.5′ – The Supermats solid PVC mat is an extremely durable mat designed to protect both hardwood floors and carpeting from exercise equipment damage. Built to last, this mat is ideal for use with rowing machines, and is just the right size to accommodate most machines.
The non-slip surface prevents equipment from sliding and skidding, while the PVC material prevents dust from entering the belts and mechanical parts. Keeping equipment free from dust will help prolong its life.
In addition to preventing skidding and protecting floors, this mat also dampens noise and vibration to keep your workouts quiet.
If you’re looking for a durable, easy-to-maintain mat for your rower, the Supermats PVC mat is a great option.
Stamina Fold-to-Fit Folding Mat 84″ x 36″ – Compact and easy to store, the Stamina Fold-to-Fit folding mat is ideal for use with rowing machines and other heavy workout equipment.
The folding design of this mat allows you to choose just the right size for your equipment, and offers adequate protection for both carpeting and hard flooring. There are seven folding sections to customize the fit.
This Stamina mat is constructed with closed-cell foam, which reduces vibration, absorbs impact and prevents carpet fibers from entering the machine.
The non-slip, textured pebble surface prevents skidding and sliding while making this mat easy to clean.
If you want a mat with a customizable size, the Stamina Fold-to-Fit is a great option.
Kettler Heavy-Duty Floor Protecting Mat – Made by one of the leading brands in the fitness equipment industry, Kettler’s heavy-duty mat is the right choice for a heavy duty rowing machine. Constructed with thick, durable rubber, this mat can accommodate a lot of weight and will provide years of use.
The mat features a textured, non-slip surface on both sides, and also reduces vibrations and noise. Along with protecting your floors from equipment damage, this mat will also protect against damage from liquid spills and sweat.
Kettler’s heavy duty mat is available in black and comes in two convenient sizes: 55″ x 31.5″ and 87″ x 43.”
Nike Grind Equipment Mat – If you’re looking for a more environmentally-friendly mat, the Nike Grind is a great option. This mat is constructed with 100% recycled material, including tire rubber and Nike Grind. The Grind mat won’t compress or gouge, so it stays looking like new for years to come.
Ideal for use with rowing machines, this mat will protect your flooring while absorbing impact and dampening sound. The non-slip surface keeps equipment in place and absorbs vibration.
Made in the U.S., the Grind mat is easy to clean and will last for years with good care. And as an added bonus, this mat does not have any off-putting smells.
Rubber Cal Elephant Bark Mat – The Rubber Cal Elephant Bark mat is extremely easy to install – no messy adhesives or installers required. Along with protecting the floors, this mat also offers superior water and UV resistance. While you wouldn’t use this mat outdoors with a rower, you do have the option to use it outdoors in the future.
Available in six colors, the Elephant Bark mat can conform to any home gym decor.
Like other mats, this model absorbs impact and reduces vibration for quiet, comfortable workouts. Made with recycled material, this mat has a non-slip surface and protects flooring from heavy workout equipment damage.
Buyer’s Guide – How To Choose The Right Indoor Floor Mat For A Rowing Machine
Buying a mat for a rowing machine shouldn’t be frustrating or difficult. But far too often, they compress or gouge after a few years of use, making them virtually useless. The right mat is worth every penny because it protects your flooring and your equipment.
We already discussed some important thing to consider when comparing models. Here are some other considerations to keep in mind when choosing a mat:
- Weight: Consider the weight of the mat. Rower mats of this size are typically heavy, with many weighing at least 50 pounds. Some models can weigh 70 pounds or more. With heavier mats, you may need an extra pair of hands to help you move it into your home and install it in the right spot.
- Color: The color of the mat does not affect its performance, but is still something that should be considered. Darker mats are ideal for use with workout equipment, like rowers, because they’re easy to keep clean. But you’ll also find mats of other colors that are high quality to match the decor in your gym.
- Brand: Consider the mat’s brand when choosing a mat. Opt for a well-known company with a reputation for producing quality products to ensure that your mat will provide you with years of use.
- Price: The cost of the mat should be a consideration. Higher priced mats are often made of better quality material and will last longer. With that being said, you still need to ensure that you set a budget and find a mat that fits that budget.