Let Us Help You Find The Best Home Golf Simulator For You
Golf is a fun game, and it doesn’t have to be played only on the course. Whether you’re an avid fan or you want to refine your game, an affordable golf simulator allows you to take to the course in the comfort of your home.
OptiShot 2 Golf Simulator
Our favorite for 2017
Complete Optishot 2 Simulator + Projector + HP touchscreen laptop
The full package
Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green (9-feet x 3-feet)
Great for putting
The right simulator will take players (you) around the world to some of the most famous, world-class courses in existence.
You can sit back and imagine you’re Tiger Woods playing at the Masters with each swing. These simulators work to bring the sport to life, and they allow players to refine their game so that the next time they step on a course, they’re ready to make an impression.
A few of the key features that you’ll need to compare when viewing the simulators we researched are:
- Indoor or Outdoor Use: Most simulators are meant for indoor use. If you want a simulator for outdoor use, take your time in finding one that can be used outdoors.
- Calibration: When using your own clubs, calibration matters a lot. Simulators may need to be calibrated to every club to get the right distance and club accuracy with a swing. Make sure you research how a particular simulator’s calibration methods work.
- Inclusions: What is included with the simulator? Some models will come with a full screen and netting, and others are small enough to fit in front of the television in your living room. If you need a complete setup including a laptop and screen, there are options that offer the complete package.
Our Top Picks for Home Golf Simulator Reviews
OptiShot 2 Golf Simulator – The OptiShot 1 is a golf simulator that’s designed to work with PC and Mac. An industry leader, this model allows users to use their own golf clubs with foam or real golf balls. The best part is that you’ll be able to practice and play on famous golf courses from around the world.
Windows Vista – Windows 10 is compatible with this simulator. Mac OS X 10.8 and up is also compatible.
The Infrared optical swing pad monitors your swing to mimic real-life play. This is an indoor simulator only, but a long USB cord is provided to allow you to play a good distance from the screen. Clubs need to be calibrated on the system to work properly.
Complete Optishot 2 Simulator + Projector + HP Laptop – Want the Optishot 2 and a little more? Of course you do. This is a package including the same great golf simulator we just reviewed, but it’s packed with extras to bring the simulator to “life.”
Forget playing on a small, dinky television screen.
This model comes with everything you need to have fun when playing. An Epson Projector is included that projects the course on the wall. A driving mat lays across the ground and a new, HP touchscreen is provided.
There’s also an enclosed hitting net and an impact screen so you can hit balls all day. With the Epson EX3240 projector included, you’ll feel like you’re playing alongside the best golf players in the world on exclusive courses only the pros get to play on.
Putt-A-Bout Grassroots Par Three Putting Green – Putt-A-Bout offers a putting green that spans 9-feet by 3-feet and is made with 50 poly and 20 foam. Imported, this putting green is kidney-shaped and offers an always-smooth design that has a built-in sand trap to catch missed shots.
Designed for putting perfection, this model has 3 practice cup cutouts.
Players can play on the felt turf with three starting positions. The mat rolls flat out of the box and offers indoor and outdoor use. Weighing just 3.5 pounds, this mat can be used anywhere without taking up too much space.
For a simulator that’s not attached to a computer screen, this is a great option.
Golf Launchpad Golf Simulator – Electric Spin’s Golf Launchpad golf simulator offers a small green to putt on and has a tethered regulation golf ball. Optical signal processing allows for realism when putting and plug-and-play technology.
An authentic feel allows for the utmost in audio and driving performance.
Users can use their own clubs and the simulator is compatible with Windows, Mac OSX and PlayStation 3 console. Installation happens in just minutes, and the price is just right. This is a great entry-level simulator that provides a precise simulation and calculates the drive length accurately.
Small in size, the Launchpad offers indoor use with little space required, making it perfect for lofts and apartments where room space is kept to a minimum.
ES9000 Par T Golf Indoor Golf Simulator – The ES9000 is an indoor simulator that’s produced by the makers of the original simulator. Every last detail has been put into this simulator to make it as realistic as possible. There are 3D graphics, real course photographs and accurate physics that make this simulator the most advanced.
A large 9′ x 12′ screen makes this one of the most widely used simulators at tournaments.
The platform itself is 14′ wide, 20′ long and has a 10′ height. This is one of the best units on the market, but it’s also a high-end unit meant for avid players or fans. Players can use their own clubs when playing.
Buyer’s Guide – How To Choose The Right In Home Golf Solution For You
The right at-home golf solution for you needs to match your needs. And since every person’s needs are different, this is a difficult topic to cover. We’re going to do our best to help you pick a solution that matches your requirements.
The tips and pointers we’re going to provide allow you to compare and contrast golf simulators a little further to find the right fit for you.
A few ways that you can work to find the best simulator are:
- Pricing: Golfers can pay a ton of money for a simulator so that they can work on their game. A complete setup including a high-end model can cost significantly more than an entry-level model. Make sure you make a budget and choose a simulator you can comfortably afford. The price ranges vary wildly, from low-end to high-end models.
- Club Requirements: Most models allow users to bring their own clubs to test how they perform accurately. If a certain simulator requires you to bring clubs, investigate how you’ll need to calibrate the unit to the club chosen. Accuracy matters, and if the calibration doesn’t match the club you’re using, it will be inaccurate.
- Read Reviews: Seriously. You need to read reviews to learn how accurate a simulator is before buying. When you read reviews, you’ll learn that there’s a lot that you can learn that the product description will never tell you. It’s simple: look for good and bad reviews to see if a product is worth the purchase.
If you adhere to the tips above, you’ll find that purchasing a golf simulator is quick and easy. You’ll even find that some low-priced models perform better than their high-priced counterparts.